Walnut Parsley Pesto
Place all ingredients in a high powered blender.
Pulse several times, then blend at a low speed until creamy.
Add more olive oil as needed for desired texture, and add more salt to taste.
Serve with everything!
- As a pasta sauce
- Drizzled over Honey Balsamic Roasted Vegetables
- Scrambled in eggs
- Spread over toast with an egg or avocado
- Drizzled over pizza or used in lieu of sauce
- Swirled into hummus as a dipping sauce
- Spread on a sandwich
- As is to use as a dip for raw veggies!
- Served over cooked vegetables, tofu, or chicken
- Drizzled over a grain bowl or mixed in with rice/grains
1 bunch parsley (about 2 cups chopped)
1 c. walnuts (can sub cashews)
1 large lemon, juiced
1/4 c. grated parmesan cheese, feta cheese or nutritional yeast
2 cloves garlic, minced (or 2 tsp. garlic powder)
1/3 c. olive oil
1/2 tsp. salt (plus more to taste)
High powered blender or food processor, such as a Vitamix
5 minute prep
5 minute active cook time
Vegan (optional), gluten free, refined sugar free, dairy free (optional)
I use this pesto on EVERYTHING. My favorite way to eat it is over roasted vegetables which is why I have paired it with my honey balsamic vegetables. I also use it often in grain bowls. I’ve actually used it for everything I’ve listed above under serving suggestions! It’s delicious, EASY, and adds a bright, fresh kick to any dish.